Sunday, December 14, 2008

The World Is An Amazing Place

I'm only 27 years old and already I've experienced what some people can only dream about...
  • I've been scuba diving with giant clams in Fiji, and my first diving experience was to a WWII shipwreck in PNG
  • I've been awestruck while flying over the many attolls of the Great Barrier Reef, and the breathtaking snow-capped Rocky Mountains
  • I've stood under the Northern Lights while gazing across the eerily beautiful wastelands of the arctic
  • I've been pike fishing in the Great Slave Lake
  • I've watched the sun set over the sunburnt outback of central Queensland at 30,000 feet
  • I've walked through the rugged wilderness of Tasmania
  • I've driven across the ever-changing scenery of New Zealand
  • I've watched the first sun-rise of a new year
  • I've walked through an 800 year old forest on Vancouver Island
  • I've watched as hundreds of monkeys were playing in the jungles of the island of Borneo in Indonesia

I feel so lucky and blessed that I've done all this, and I've still got so much to look forward to.

Above all though, I'm amazed that through all the different cultures and traditions, beliefs, races and languages, every single human being is the same. We all smile, we all bleed, we all feel pain and emotion, we all live, and we all die.

Through all this, how can I possibly think that there is no god; that this all happened somehow by chance?

I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment